- SHELTER of center “Sezim” began its activity in 2003 and today is the only stationary shelter in the Bishkek city and Chuy region, where targeted assistance is provided to women and children – victims of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Length of stay in SHELTER – up to 1 month (if in need up to 2 months).
- During the period of stay in the SHELTER, clients receive comprehensive legal, psychological/psychotherapeutic and social support. Assistance is provided in partnership with relevant organizations and support services (if needed).
- 20 women and children can simultaneously live in the SHELTER.
- At the SHELTER rehabilitation activities such as art-therapy and support groups are held, selfhelp groups are formed.
- SHELTER is technically equipped for accomodation of women with children (there is children’s room and playground).
- First support of the Shelter from 2003 to 2005 was provided by Democracy Commission of U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan
- From 2005 premises for shelter activity and utilities expenses are provided by the Mayor’s Office of Bishkek
- On the base of shelter from 2012 until current time projects are realized in the framework of State social order from the Ministry of labour and social development of KR
- Support to the shelter was provided by: International Organization for Migration, Fund Soros-Kyrgyzstan, International organizations «HIVOS», «Оxfam Novib»
- From 2009 and until current time assistance in programme ensuring is provided by the DIMES FOUNDATION