In November-December 2017, the results of the organization’s three-year strategy were summed up at the center “Sezim“, a new collective document was developed and adopted – the Strategic Development Plan for 2018-2020 (SDP).
Based on the results of the Monitoring and Evaluation, the 2015-2017 SDP of the center “Sezim“ was successfully implemented by more than 80%, the services within the SDP – by 100%.
The activities were carried out in three main strategic areas:
- Protection of the rights of women, girls and families in the field of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
In this direction center “Sezim” conducted a successful advocacy work in partnership with other public organizations, including:
- lobbying of the law of KR prohibiting religious marriage rites with minors (prevention early marriages), adopted in 2016.;
- lobbying of the new law of KR “On protection against domestic violence”, adopted in 2017.
- campaign against polygamy in Kyrgyzstan in the UNITE Kyrgyzstan network, and others.
Advocacy and public protection in courts is provided for 178 people.
18 cases with participation of mass media on cases of gender-based and domestic violence are created.
- Rehabilitation and reintegration for victims of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
These works were carried out in full, and over three years more than 3000 people received assistance.
- Information and educational activities in the field of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
As for uncompleted less than 20% of activities:
- Less than 10% were removed from the agenda during the implementation of the SDP, due to the fact that it was not possible to reach certain agreements with relevant organizations or lost relevance (in particular, the initiatives of the center “Sezim” in the professionalization of social services to respond to gender-based and domestic violence at the state and municipal levels).
- More than 10% have been transferred to the new SDP 2018-2020. (1. protection of victims of violence in the process of applying to law enforcement agencies and conducting investigative and judicial procedures, 2. partial introduction of paid services for the organization’s transition to partial self-financing).
The new Strategic Development Plan of CC “Sezim” – is a collective document of the center “Sezim”, it takes into account all the lessons and achievements of the past three-year strategy of the organization.
The main directions of the strategic development of the center “Sezim” for the next three years:
- Protection of the rights of women, girls and families in the field of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Preventive, educational and advocacy activities in the field of gender law, domestic violence and human trafficking in Kyrgyzstan;
- Implementation of paid and partially paid educational, advocacy, consulting and social services of CC “Sezim”. This direction will allow center “Sezim” to enter a partial self-financing, independent of state and international donors. For direct beneficiaries, the bulk of services will be provided free of charge.